These days, around every click and conversation is news of generational trauma, impending worldwide destruction, and the declining state of humanity.
If you’re sensitive and harbor genuine love for humankind, the perpetual parade of doom and gloom has probably drained you of energy and hope.
So, in an effort to harness some inner peace and quell the effects of doom-scrolling, you’re searching for ways to feel calmer.
With that in mind, below, we’re looking at ways to use mood-boosting affirmations for peace to help weather emotional storms.
What Are the Benefits of Using Peace Affirmations?
Many people scoff at the idea of using affirmations to change their minds and lives for the better. But the practice is firmly rooted in neuroscience.
The bio-logistics are complicated and require a deep understanding of hormones and neurotransmitters.
But for the purpose of our discussion, suffice it to say that our minds work like an interstate highway system.
Our thoughts are the vehicles, and they stick to known “routes.”
As such, if your regular thought patterns are negative and self-denigrating, that’s where your headspace will stagnate.
Conversely, positive thoughts will enhance your inner world and lead to more joy and balance.
Other benefits include:
- Increased sense of gratefulness and belonging
- Reduced symptoms associated with stress, anxiety, and depression
- More fulfilling relationships
- Enhanced cognitive function
- Increased motivation
Furthermore, studies show that positive affirmations light up the parts of our brains associated with pleasure and reward. Plus, research indicates they build and restore self-competence.
In other words, the more positively you think about yourself and the surrounding world, the better you’ll perform!
101 Affirmations for Peace To Transform You
Life is a challenging journey often punctuated by fear, hardship, and turmoil. Dark seasons disrupt emotions and have the power to tangle our inner worlds.
They can be disorienting, trigger anxiety, and guide our minds down treacherous paths.
What can you do to combat the sensation and attendant sense of doom? Consider giving peace affirmations a try.
As we described above, there’s a neurological reason why positive self-talk helps fight against depressive ideation.
So grab the affirmations that best resonate with you and give them a shot. Stick with it for at least a month to experience the mental shift.
Inner Peace Affirmations
1. My internal world is settled and secure.
2. My mind and body are quiet because everything is in place.
4. I’m lucky to enjoy deep inner peace.
5. Life is love.
6. I am a beacon of serenity and peace.
7. Internal balance leads to external peace.
8. Everything is OK right now.
9. I have the power to feel how I want.
10. I am in control of my emotions.
11. I breathe in positivity and exhale negativity.
12. I pick peace over conflict.
13. Today is a new day.
14. The past is over; the present is pregnant with positive possibilities.
15. I know the Universe is working on my behalf.
16. I am forgiven for past mistakes.
17. I am in charge of my life.
18. I’m breathing, so I’m fine.
19. Life is long. I have time.
20. Anxiety is not permanent.
21. I am centered and grounded.
22. I’m confident, and that’s good.
23. I define who I am.
24. I am loved.
25. I like myself.
Affirmations for Peace of Mind
26. Life is beautiful.
27. Life is unfolding precisely as it should.
28. I am all right as is.
29. I am supported and safe.
30. My soul is perfect.
31. I have exactly what I need.
32. I am good enough.
33. I am at peace.
34. I spread peace.
35. I see the good in everything.
36. Everything is conspiring for good.
37. I can change for the better.
38. I have faith in positivity.
39. I am at peace with the life I have created.
40. My life is on the right path.
41. I am exactly where I need to be.
42. Nobody has power over me.
43. I can do whatever I dedicate my mind to.
44. I’m on the right trajectory.
45. My body supports me.
46. Every cell in my body is a miracle.
47. I am alive, and that’s enough.
48. I am intelligent and kind.
49. My best is good enough.
50. It’s good to let go.
More Related Articles
51. I am safe and calm.
52. Calm times are ahead.
53. I am lucky for the relative amount of stress I carry.
54. I trust in my ability to relax my nerves and control my emotions.
55. Right now, I have everything I need.
56. I know I am on the right track.
57. Hardships are opportunities to learn.
58. I extract lessons from hard times.
59. This is just for now.
60. I choose light over dark.
61. I am whole.
62. I am relaxed and joyful.
63. I love myself.
64. Worse things have happened, and I’ve made it through.
65. I know I have what’s needed to weather this storm.
66. I’m here, I’m enough, and I’m well.
67. Beauty and support are all around.
68. I make mistakes like everyone, and that’s allowed.
69. The panic I’m feeling is all in my head.
70. I am strong enough.
71. Acknowledging emotions is my human right.
72. I choose happiness.
73. Other people’s opinions of me aren’t important.
74. What I can’t control is not my worry.
75. I am not alone.
76. It’s okay that I take things at my own pace.
Affirmations for Peace and Harmony
77. Love and support are always available if I ask the Universe.
78. The world’s default is abundance, not lack.
79. I am a product of eternal peace.
80. Harmony exists everywhere.
81. The Universe is a symphony of cooperation and harmony.
82. I honor my emotions.
83. I choose harmony over chaos.
84. My energy is serene.
85. Life is beautiful.
86. I am on the side of light.
87. The arch of existence bends toward love.
88. My actions are magnets for peace.
89. I surround myself with peace and harmony.
90. The world is full of good people.
91. I have control over my little corner of the world.
92. The future can be wonderful if I do my part.
93. Things are better than they seem on the surface.
94. Slowing down and being mindful centers energy.
95. I am not the only one feeling scared.
96. I invite peace and harmony into my life at every moment.
97. Today is a gift, and I will use it wisely.
98. I’m overflowing with positive energy and have plenty to share with the world.
99. Joy and confidence come from within.
100. I am love and fit perfectly into the Universe as is.
101. I know everything will work out as it’s supposed to.
Steps for Using These Peaceful Affirmations
You’ve chosen your affirmations. Now what?
How can you use them in a way that helps transform neural pathways and improve emotional health? Here are a few tips that will enhance the exercise.
1. Pick Your Favorites
It’s vital to pick affirmations that resonate with you. They’re easier to internalize and will speak to your specific circumstances and needs. Also, don’t be afraid to write and use your own. After all, you know what’s best for you.
2. Write Them Down
Research shows that writing things down with a pen on paper is the best way to absorb information and ideas. That’s why experts advise using an old-fashion notebook to journal instead of doing it digitally. So try to spend five minutes a day writing down your favorite affirmations.
3. Morning, Noon, and Night Method
Adding structure to your affirmation exercises — especially when you’re just starting out — can help cement the practice. Commit to spending two to five minutes first thing in the morning, at lunch, and before you go to bed, sitting quietly and thinking through your affirmations. Say them aloud, internally, or write them down.
4. In the Moment Method
Once your affirmations become second nature, you’ll be able to recall them any time you grow worried or anxious. If a wind of stress hits, take five deep breaths while repeating the affirmations in your mind. It sounds simple, but it’s incredibly effective.
5. Keep it to Yourself
As mentioned above, some people think affirmation work is useless, and we all know how people love sharing their unsolicited opinions. So if you give it a shot, keep it to yourself so others’ doubts don’t creep into your thought process and dissuade you from even trying.
If you give affirmation work a chance for 30 days and it does nothing for you, fine. No rule says you must keep going. But the science is solid, so why not try?
6. Fake it Till You Make It
At first, affirmation work may feel silly and fruitless — especially if your default mode is negative. You may even stress yourself out, worrying it won’t work because you don’t believe what you’re saying.
Power through those doubts. Acknowledge that they exist, and keep going. Within about ten days, it will become much easier, and you’ll probably start to see little positive results, which will motivate you to keep going.
Sometimes, getting through a single day can feel like a battle. Problems, obstacles, and negativity pelt you from every direction, making it challenging to stay on track, balanced, confident, and motivated.
In these times, peaceful affirmations can be a mental lifeboat that shuttles you away from rough emotional waters.
If you’ve never given it a go, don’t assume affirmation work is new-age claptrap based on nonsense — because the opposite is true. Scientifically speaking, we are what we think, and training your brain is possible.
So if you’re feeling muddled, fearful, and anxious, try a few of these affirmations on for size. It could be the tiny thing that changes your world for the better moving forward.