You can now download iOS 16.3.1 IPSW links and OTA profile file update for iPhone and iPad. Here are the details.
Apple has today released a new iPhone software update complete with bug fixes and improvements for the problematic Crash Detection feature.
The new update, which is named iOS 16.3.1, doesn’t add any new features but is instead all about tweaking the ones that are already there to make them perform better. You can download the new update via the Settings app on your iPhone right now and we would absolutely suggest that you do that sooner rather than later.
Apple says that this new update fixes an iCloud issue while also dealing with Siri requests that wouldn’t always work. The biggest improvement relates to Crash Detection, however.
This update provides important bug fixes and security updates for your iPhone including:
– iCloud settings may be unresponsive or incorrectly display if apps are using iCloud
– Siri requests for Find My may not work
– Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
Crash Detection is an iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro feature that calls for emergency services if it detects a serious crash. However, it’s been reported by emergency services around the world that the feature is problematic, often calling for help when no accident has taken place. It seems likely that Apple’s tweaks here are related to those complaints and hopefully we can expect fewer calls to emergency services when they aren’t required.
This update is likely to be the final one before iOS 16.4, a release that is expected to get its first beta later this week.
iOS 16.3.1 IPSW Direct Download Links:
- iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS
- iPhone 11, iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation), (3rd Generation)
You may also like to check out: