Financial Literacy is a topic that is extremely important to just about everyone these days. It’s important not only because it impacts everyone, but because those who lack a sound financial education risk a future of unnecessary instability and hardship.
However, the great thing about financial literacy is that it is available to us all. And the more financially literate we become, the better our lives typically become. So, to help encourage and inspire more people to embrace the power of becoming financially literate, we’ve decided to publish this ultimate collection of financial literacy quotes from a few of the most authoritative names on the topic of money.
With that said, some of these financial quotes speak to the need for financial literacy, while others actually provide hidden financial lessons than can actually strengthen your financial situation… if you embrace them. So, if you’re ready for some encouraging and wise words on the topic of financial literacy, let’s begin:
BEST FINANCIAL LITERACY QUOTES
1. “The number one problem in today’s generation and economy is the lack of financial literacy.” – Alan Greenspan
2. “The key factor that will determine your financial future is not the economy; the key factor is your philosophy.” – Jim Rohn
3. “Money without financial intelligence is money soon gone.” – Robert Kiyosaki
4. “There is a secret psychology of money. Most people don’t know about it. That’s why most people never become financially successful. A lack of money is not the problem; it is merely a symptom of what’s going on inside of you.” – T. Harv Eker
5. “Financial literacy begins the process of earning more for what you know and less for what you do.” – Linsey Mills
6. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
7. “Financial education needs to become part of our national curriculum and scoring systems so that it’s not just the rich kids that learn about money… it’s all of us.” – David Bach
8. “Financial Literacy is an important part of avoiding financial mistakes and planning for a strong, secure financial future.” – Tim Pawlenty
9. “Economic success is a direct function of being able to define one’s own allocation of time an motion.” – Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D.
10. “A person either disciplines his finances or his finances disciplines him.” – Orrin Woodward
11. “I want kids to understand the importance of savings and investing. It’s crucial that people understand the importance of financial literacy, because it’s actually life-saving.” – Mellody Hobson
12. “Financial illiteracy is not an issue unique to any one population. It affects everyone: men and women, young and old, across all racial and socioeconomic lines. No longer can we stand by and ignore this problem. The economic future of the United States depends on it.” – President’s Advisory Council on Financial Literacy
13. “Radical economic transformation is not a quality you demand from the government, radical economic transformation is a quality you demand from yourself” – Mac Duke
14. “Many entrepreneurs struggle to understand payroll taxes, health care and other thorny issues… In other words, they don’t have the financial literacy to scale their businesses and attract investors.” – Daymond John
15. “Financial literacy makes it okay for you to make small or big mistakes. On the other hand, being financially illiterate only makes those mistakes dire and regrettable.” – Anas Hamshari
16. “The fastest way to double your money is to fold them in half and put them in your pocket.” – Andrew Carnegie
17. “Money is in some respects like fire – it is a very excellent servant but a terrible master. When you have it mastering you, when interest is constantly piling up against you, it will keep you down in the worst kind of slavery. But let money work for you, and you have the most devoted servant in the world.” – P.T. Barnum
18. “To become financially independent you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise; turn enterprise into profit; turn profit into investment; and turn investment into financial independence.” – Jim Rohn
19. “If you want to be financially-free, you need to become a different person than you are today and let go of whatever has held you back in the past.” – Kim Kiyosaki
20. “Just because you can afford it doesn’t mean you should buy it.” – Suze Orman
21. “Financial peace is not about acquiring stuff. It’s more about learning how to live on less than what you’re earning. This way, you can save money and invest some of it. You can’t win until you learn this.” – Dave Ramsey
22. “Don’t save what money is left after spending. Rather, only spend the money that remains after saving funds.” – Warren Buffett
23. “Earning a lot of money is not the key to prosperity. How you handle it is.” – Dave Ramsey
24. “Financial literacy is just as important in life as the other basics.” – John W. Rogers Jr.
25. “Money is just another word for power.” – Joline Godfrey
26. “Spending money to show people how much money you have is the fastest way to have less money.” – Morgan Housel
27. “Today the greatest single source of wealth is between your ears.” – Brian Tracy
28. “The lack of money is the root of all evil.” – Mark Twain
29. “Get what you can, and what you get hold, Tis the stone that will turn all your lead into gold.” – Benjamin Franklin
30. “Good money management is good life management.” – Financial Literacy Quote
31. “One penny may seem to you a very insignificant thing, but it is the small seed from which fortunes spring.” – Orison Swett Marden
32. “College graduates spent 16 years gaining skills taht will help them command a higher salary; yet little or no time is spent helping them save, invest, and grow their money.” – Vince Shorb
33. “The secret to creating lasting financial change is to decide to pay yourself first and then make it automatic.” – David Bach
Financial literacy at it’s core, is a person’s ability to understand and effectively use various money management techniques like budgeting, saving, investing, and the leveraging of credit. Without a doubt, financial literacy is the bedrock on which the quality of our lives are built. So, the sooner you improve your financial literacy, and the more you develop it, the better off you will be, because knowledge is power, especially when it comes to money.
With that said, let’s get back to fortifying your financial knowledge, and jump back into these financial literacy quotes.
Related: Prosperity Quotes
34. “Financial problems are not fixed with money, but with financial education.” – Anonymous
35. “Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
36. “To get rich, you have to be making money while you’re asleep.” – David Bailey
37. “We were not taught financial literacy in school. It takes a lot of work and time to change your thinking and to become financially literate.” – Robert Kiyosaki
38. “At base, financial literacy is inextricably connected to control over one’s future.” – Ann Cotton
39. “You are never powerful in life until you are powerful over your own money.” – Suze Orman
40. “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” – Thomas Jefferson
41. “The key to fast-tracking financial freedom is to make and invest as much money as early and frequently as you can.” – Grant Sabatier
42. “Money is everywhere, it affects all of us, and confuses most of us.” – Morgan Housel
43. “As you manage your money, you manage your life.” – Dan Millman
44. “When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.” – Oscar Wilde
45. “An allowance is not a salary or an entitlement, it is a tool for teaching children how to manage money.” – Joline Godfrey
46. “We live in the richest country in world history. Our wealth is enormous and growing. Yet only 5 percent of us manage to become financially independent by age 65. Why is this? More often than not, the answer lies in what we choose to do with the money that comes into our lives.” – The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing
47. “Any fool can spend money. But to earn it and save it and defer gratification — then you learn to value it differently.” – Malcom Gladwell
48. “Money can allow you to quit a job to be your own boss or step it up from sleeping in your childhood bed and moving into an apartment of your own. Money helps you travel the world, upgrade to eating organic food, indulge your desire to brew your own craft beer, or snag the latest Apple product. Money gives you the opportunity to help others in need. And with proper management and planning, it lets you retire eventually so you don’t have to continue exchanging your time and energy for a paycheck until your last breath.” – Erin Lowry
49. “On average, millionaires invest 20% of their household income each year. Their wealth isn’t measured by the amount they make each year, but by how they’ve saved and invested over time.” – Ramit Sethi
50. “If you want to get rich, think of saving as earning.” – Andrew Carnegie
51. “If you want to become wealthy, then you have to find out what the top 5% of people do financially and do the same thing.” – Myron Golden
52. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Jen Sincero
53. “Money is like an arm or leg — use it or lose it.” – Henry Ford
54. “On average, millionaires invest 20% of their household income each year. Their wealth isn’t measured by the amount they make each year, but by how they’ve saved and invested over time.” – Ramit Sethi
55. “The stock market is designed to transfer money from the active to the patient.” – Warren Buffett
56. “Do not focus on money, instead focus on a problem that needs to be solved for the world. Money will follow you as a biproduct.” – Manoj Arora
57. “Watch your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.” – Janet Wallach
58. “Money is one of the most important subjects of your entire life. Some of life’s greatest enjoyments and most of life’s greatest disappointments stem from your decisions about money. Whether you experience great peace of mind or constant anxiety will depend on getting your finances under control.” – Robert G. Allen
59. “When people understand basic money strategies, they become empowered to change their lives and build richer more resilient futures.” – Tina hay
60. “If you’re saving, you’re succeeding.” – Steve Burkholder
61. “One is not born, with a capacity to make sound financial decisions, it comes through education, reading the right material, and also training. Being promoted to a top position in your organization, or even being elected to public office, does not suddenly endow you with financial literacy, if you did not acquire and develop it, earlier in your life.” – Strive Masiyiwa
62. “We need to have financial literacy in America, not just complaining about obstructionism. We need solutions. And I think the solutions are using high finance to make capitalism work for people around the world.” – Kabir Sehgal
63. “The amount of money we receive will always be in direct ratio to the deman for what we do; our ability to do it; and the difficulty in replacing us.” – Earl Nightingale
64. “First, you have to know how to make more money than you spend. Second, you have to know how to take that savings and invest it well.” – Ray Dalio
65. “The most important aspect of keeping your money is being aware of how much of it you are spending.” – Tiffany Aliche
Bonus Financial Literacy Quote
Bonus: Here is our last and final quote about financial literacy. It is a quote that comes from one of the best books ever written on personal finance and financial literacy; The Richest Man In Babylon. It’s our last quote because it speaks volumes to, and in a way, makes the case for everyone’s need of more financial knowledge.
There you have it, the best of the best when it comes to quotes about financial literacy. We hope they provided you with new insights related to the power of financial education.
But more importantly, we hope some of these quotes inspired and influenced you to want to think and act differently with your own money.
With that said, if you believe financially literacy can help protect people from financial disaster, debt, hardship, and even poverty, like we believe it can, please share a few of these wise words with those who may appreciate them.
PS – If you enjoyed this collection of financial literacy quotes then you’ll like find enjoy these other financially related quotes and resources: